Friday, December 4, 2009

Your Top 5 Best & Worst Moments of 2009

Since the season ender at Homestead-Miami Speedway, I have been going over the season in my head. For example, what happened to Carl Edwards, what happened to RCR, who is at fault for Kyle Busch and Steve Addington mix up? Then I realized that this year wasn't all that bad, at least for me and my drivers. All of them had their ups and downs but mostly all of them won a race either on the Cup side or Nationwide side. Other than my drivers, many drivers had amazing seasons, Jimmie Johnson, Mark Martin, Tony Stewart, Kasey Kahne, and the list goes on. The 2009 season was full of controversy whether that be between drivers or crews or just a single driver that brought drama to the track every weekend. Of course everybody can remember "The Plot" against Jr at Hendrick Motorsports. We even saw some first time winners on the Cup side: Joey Logano, David Reutimann, & Brad Keselowski.

For the first time in my many years of loving NASCAR Racing, I wasn't impressed with NASCAR. It was a repeat every week, a driver would get out in front and would most likely end up in Victory Lane. Except for the Nationwide Series and Camping World Truck Series. These 2 series had some of the most exciting races of the whole season! Drivers duked it out each week and we had the repeat offenders that be wrecking or even tangling up on the track. I loved watching these 2 series each weekend because I knew that I would most likely be satisfied with the racing.

After all that thinking, I came up with my Top 5 Best and Worst Moments of the 2009 Season. Out of all the 3 Series or even something that happened off track, my list was complete! There were so many moments to choose from but these important 10 facts made my list! So here it is:


Best:
1. Meeting Kyle Busch July 22, 2009 [One of the best days of my life]
2. Kyle Busch becomes The 2009 NASCAR Nationwide Series Champion and Wins the race in the same day.
3. Kyle Busch smashes the Gibson Guitar after winning at Nashville Superspeedway June 6, 2009.
4. The Drivers Call Out NASCAR [My personal favorite hands down is Ryan Newman after his horrific Talladega wreck]
5. Nationwide and Camping World Truck Series Racing.

Worst:
1. The Flips of 2009
2. NASCAR Makes Rule Changes
3. Kyle Busch's Wreck at Daytona
4. NASCAR's Lack Of Rough Driving Penalties
5. Favoritism Of Drivers.

So mine had to do with Kyle Busch a lot but what can I say, I adore him! :)

I told you my Top 5 Best & Worst Moments of 2009, so what's yours?

6 comments:

  1. Top 5
    1. Meeting Greg Biffle at Pocono! Joey too.
    2. Denny winning at Pocono when I was there, after his grandma died (RIP)
    3. Tony winning the AllStar race
    4. Tony winning Pocono in June! (1st points win)
    5. I agree with you- my drivers calling out Nascar (Ryan, Carl, etc), and the media (Tony lol)

    Worst 5
    1. Seeing Joey flip at Dover when I was there. So scary.
    2. Ryan, Matty, and Carl's wrecks also.
    3. Brad K fighting with Denny, making me realize I made a mistake in chosing to like him (I don't anymore, haha)
    4. A lot of my guys not winning a Cup race at all this season (Greg, Carl, Jr, Ryan)
    5. THE SEASON ENDING! LOL (I couldn't think of another)

    Great blog girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best
    1. Kyle winning the Nationwide Series Championship and doing so in record setting fashion
    2. Randomly running into AJ Allmendinger in the parking lot of RPM five seconds after Jenn said "you know if I saw AJ Allmedinger I wouldn't know who he was.
    3. Kurt winning at Atlanta and doing the backwards victory lap
    4. The rivalries - that's what makes the sport entertaining.
    5. The awesome racing in the truck series. Could it have gotten any more competitive?

    Worst
    1. Mike Bliss winning the race at Charlotte in the Nationwide Series - Kyle should have held out for the rain
    2. All the rain this season. Jeez it rained a lot!
    3. Sitting beside the most annoying fan in the world at LMS...trust me she was evil and she was following us everywhere.
    4. Overused words - Frisbee, broken foot, shootout style, trifecta, "the kid", and of course Jimmie
    5. JPM not winning at Indy...this one might surprise you considering how much I dislike JPM but he deserved that win..

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I'll be biased.
    Best

    1. Tony Stewart's regular season.
    2. Mark Martin wins at Phoenix.
    3. Kevin Harvick wins Nationwide race at Atlanta in September
    4. Kyle Busch passes Tard Bovine...excuse me...Todd Bodine, on the last lap at Talladega in the truck race.
    5. The Homestead Nationwide race. Thrilling racing, thrilling finish, Denny Hamlin takes care of business, etc. Just a great race.

    Worst

    1. Jeremy Mayfield situation.
    2. Death of David Poole
    3. The Daytona 500 and Coca-Cola 600, double drencher disappointments
    4. Struggles of Kevin Harvick
    5. Edwards crash at Talladega

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best:
    1. Stewart-Haas Racing exceeding everyone's expectations.
    2. Juan Pablo Montoya making the Chase and keeping it competitive.
    3. Mark Martin staying in the hunt until the very last race.
    4. Marcos Ambrose's entire season (and his infectious smile).
    5. Ryan Newman getting the pole at Martinsville and my "conversation" with him after the race.

    Worst
    1. Kyle Bush smashing the guitar in Nashville.
    2. Ryan Newman's crash at Talladega.
    3. Juan Pablo Montoya knocking Tony Stewart out of 5th place in points at Homestead.
    4. No wins for Carl Edwards.
    5. Dale Earnhardt Sr. impersonator blocking my view at Martinsville.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best-
    1)Matt Kenseth winning the 500
    2)Joey's win
    3)the UPS Racing commercials (silly David)
    4)following great people on Twitter (Denny, UPS Racing, and Jeff Gluck)
    5)MRN

    Worst-
    1)ABC/ESPN. Ick, and zzzzz...
    2)The blatant disregard of everyone except for the chasers during the last 10 races (Chaseism)
    3)Cup drivers in Nationwide (and the trucks). Even though my driver (David Ragan) won two in NW, it's just not fair
    4)The 'conflicts' I'm just not hyped up on them
    5)How badly Roush TANKED this year

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best:

    1. Matt Kenseth winning the Daytona 500
    2. David Ragan's win at the Talladega Nationwide race
    3. Colin Braun's NCWTS win at Michigan
    4. David Ragan's Nationwide win at Bristol (especially because I was there)
    5. Kyle Busch's wins in the NCWTS and Cup series in August at Bristol (both of which I got to see first hand.)

    Worst:

    1. Kenseth's, Edwards's, & Newman's crashes at Talladega.
    2. Logano's crash at Dover.
    3. The constant talking about Jimmie Johnson this season.
    4. How drivers outside the top 12 didn't really get mentioned the last 10 races of the season.
    5. The fact that Roush Fenway Racing did so terrible this season in the Cup series.

    ReplyDelete