Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Edwards to celebrate milestone in Phoenix


Carl Edwards will celebrate a milestone in his Sprint Cup racing career this weekend when both the Nationwide and Sprint Cup series visit Phoenix International Raceway. When the green flag waves on Saturday night's Subway Fresh Fit 600 Sprint Cup event at the track, it'll mark Edwards' 200th-career Sprint Cup start.

His 200th-career Cup start isn't the only milestone Edwards has celebrated at PIR. Phoenix was also where he ran his first-ever asphalt race in 2001.

"That (the day of his first asphalt race) was a big day for me, so to think almost 10 years have passed since I pulled my little trailer in with all my hopes and dreams and set up my tent down in turn one to work on my USAC Silver Crown," Edwards said.

To read the rest of this article, visit Cup Series News and Notes.

Photo of Carl Edwards by Amanda Vincent

0 comments:

Post a Comment