Saturday, November 13, 2010

Carl Edwards wins the Wypall 200 at Phoenix

 

Carl Edwards outran the competition by a full five seconds during Saturday’s Wypall 200 at Phoenix International Raceway.

carlsatStarting second in the race, he quickly took the lead from Joey Logano and led a race-high 153 laps. It was his second consecutive win in the fall Nationwide race at Phoenix and his 29th career victory in the series. It was also his fourth win at the track overall in Nationwide.

"This is the best car I've ever had in the Nationwide Series," he told crew chief Mike Beam over the radio after the race had ended.

Although he ran second in practice and started second in the race, in the end, he came out first.

"I wouldn't have imagined this thing would be that fast today. A great day for us. Man, it's just unbelievable how fast this thing is. After three or four laps, I could do whatever I wanted with it. I'm really blessed to have the crew that I have."

Kevin Harvick, Joey Logano, Brad Keselowski, and Reed Sorenson rounded out the top five.

0 comments:

Post a Comment