Thursday, January 7, 2010

Sadler to Drive For KHI in 2010

Kevin Harvick Inc. announced today that Elliott Sadler and Kevin Harvick will share the No. 2 truck series ride for 15 of the 25 races in 2010.

Sadler will start off the season at Daytona. The last time he was in a truck was in 2003 so he's excited to return to the series.

“Racing in the truck series in 2010 with KHI will be a blast,” said Sadler. “It’ll be nice to jump in the truck and go out and race for wins and not have to worry about points. We’re going to kick the year off with a bang in Daytona and have some great races to run between then and the finale in Homestead.”

Sadler is confident that he chose the best tracks for him to race at and will run well in KHI equipment.

“Every track that’s on my schedule in the No. 2 truck is a place I know we can go out and win,” Sadler said. “I’ve won races at some of the tracks during my career and I know Kevin and Ron Hornaday contend for wins when they climb behind the wheel of a KHI truck. This is going to be a lot of fun.”

Not only is Harvick a owner, but he won three times in his own truck last season on a limited schedule.

"I really enjoy being a part of the Truck Series," Harvick said. "I feel like the combination of Doug George as crew chief and Elliott and I will bring experience and success to the team immediately."

The remainder of the driver lineup for the No. 2 team will be announced at a later date.

0 comments:

Post a Comment